Aftercare Rhinoplasty Surgery
Rhinoplasty after Care Instructions:
- Apply crushed ice in an ice bag or Swiss Eye Pads (obtained from the hospital) over the skin surrounding the bandage to minimize swelling and bruising during the day for the first 72 hours after surgery. Do not put pressure on the nasal splint.
Keep your head elevated on two pillows when sleeping for one week after the surgery.
- Do not blow your nose for the first 2 weeks after surgery to prevent bleeding, try to do sneeze through your mouth. You may sniff backwards.
- Avoid strenuous activity (increasing your heart rate above 100 beats per minute i.e. aerobics, heavy lifting and bending over) for the first 2 weeks after surgery. This includes sexual intercourse and sexual activity.
- Finally, You should slowly increase your activities after 1 week so that you will be back to normal by the end of the 2rd week.
- Avoid hitting your nose for 4 weeks after surgery.
- You may eat a normal diet after surgery